Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin organ service

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone knows where to get info on a Baldwin C630 organ?
    I have a customer who needs one repaired. It's a 120 mile trip one way for me to work on it so I'm trying to get all the info I can before I go so hopefully I won't have to make multiple trips which would cost the customer more$
    Any help would be appreciated1

Thanks!

I don't know how many organ forums there are, but most likely you will have better luck with this on one of them. For example:

The Organ Forum

And get as much exact information as you can from the customer. They sometimes use words that we use, but they mean different things to them. I once got a service call to a bar in an outlying town, they complained there was a rat living in the jukebox. I rounded up heavy gloves, and some other gear I thought might be useful to dislodge rodents from living in there. 40 miles later, I arrived to find the "rat" was a squeaking mechanism. Some fresh lube and I was on the way.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo,
      Already been to the organ forum. No luck yet.
      I know what you mean by getting all the info you can.
      I have a great story about a service tech from my main place of employment (we build CNC press brakes) flying from South Dakota to New York just to push a button to get a machine going The machine dealer in the area thought he knew more than the factory & wouldn't listen to anything we told him over the phone. Nothing like a 5 minute $5000 service call. The machine dealer is a little more receptive to listening now

Comment

Robert Spoon Electronics is supposed to be a source for service info.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If organs is your thing, then more power to you. I don't do organs. If nothing else, my knees won;t let me. But when I worked at a music store, running the service department, I did the booking for the outside organ tech. I talked to the organ customers every day. usually older people with less technical savvy. They were universally hung up on the shiny wood. They associated polished wood with value. Some little Hammond chord organ that needed $200 or more of repair, and they couldn;t understand why some church wouldn;t love to see it donated. Oh boy, a donated thing I have to repair first. "But it looks like NEW." Or... "How could it cost that much to fix, there isn't a scratch on it?"
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X