Capacitor C34 on HD500 main PCB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacitor C34 on HD500 main PCB

In the process of replacing a failed USB port I butter fingered and dropped a screwdriver on the PCB. The tip landed directly on capacitor C34 turning it into dust. I have had no luck getting a hold of the POD HD500 service manual and don't imagine I will. Line-6 seems pretty sticky on releasing those but I am hoping there is a line 6 tech on this forum that can do me a huge favor and look up the capacitor required for C34 on the main PCB.

Not sure if it would change from revision to revision but my main PCB is
    P18-1 POD XT LIVE MAIN PCB
    P/N : 35-00-0386-1
    REV: C

Thank you in advance if you are able to help me out at all.

Have you attempted to contact Line 6.

They should at least be able to supply you with the capacitor value.

Comment

Jazz P Bass,
      I have opened a support ticket and I am hoping for a response with the capacitor value but since on their webpage they state they do not provide service assistance to people who are not a line 6 service technician I don't have much hope they will provide any information other than, Please take the pedal board to a line 6 service center. Hopefully I am wrong but while waiting for their response I am trying to be proactive in finding the answer through other means.

Comment

So remove the part. Does the unit work without it? Do there appear to be other caps that appear similar? and what values might they be? Does the part appear to be one that connects between two pins on the same IC? or does it seem to connect one point in a circuit to another? Is either end of it grounded?

In many circuits there are small bypass caps right at the ICs power pins. If one of those disappears, the unit may not miss it. For example.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
          Line 6 came through.
          C34 = CAP X7R 0.1uF 25V 10% 0603

part# 03-58-0104

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          Will - Line 6 Support

Comment

Nice - not only their part number but a complete description including package size which will enable you to get it almost anywhere. I now revise my opinion on Line-6 support...

Comment

Thanks for the part number, though no one can order parts other than service centers.

And judging by its value, I am still tempting to say try it without it. it is probably a bypass cap.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What Enzo said, especially judging by the value (0.1uF - very common bypass cap), but in case you want to try and replace-in-kind looks like Digi-Key may be your source:

Ceramic Capacitors | Capacitors | DigiKey

Comment

Working...
                X