Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer D1800 DI NOISY CHANNEL

Hi,
    I hope this is the right forum to post this on.
    I have several Behringer Ultra DI D1800 8 channel direct boxes. I know, I know, they are cheap but I gave it a try. Anyway I've had them about 5 months and all three have started exhibiting the same problem. One of the channels has a lot of static coming through. On one unit, it is channel 3, on another unit is is channel 8. I checked the input source which is the Roland TD20. No problem there. When there is no input plugged in, there is no noise. I plug a line level input and the noise starts. I'm afraid that this problem is going to start with the other channels sooner or later so if there is a quick fix, any help would be appreciated. I can't find a schematic of this unit so my troubleshooting is kind of hit and miss.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jan

Without downloading schematics, I would assume the channel has a noisy op amp needing replacement.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Warranty issue??

Comment

Our store stopped selling Behringer because of returns. Its Junk.

Comment

Blanket statements like that bother me. If his unit has a noisy op amp in a channel, it will be the same op amp used in a "good" piece of gear. If the knobs are weak, the chassis thin, the jacks loose, and all the other things you might find low quality, those things really don't impact his noises.

As a Behringer service center, I see the stuff. It is light weight, and very mass produced, I agree. I hesitate to call it junk though. Were I on tour, I might prefer a Rane piece, but in more poilte settings, the Behr stuff works reasonably well.

Something like a DI gets connected a lot, and static or ground potentials can damage inputs.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X