QTX QS15a speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QTX QS15a speaker

I did post about this previously... I am only getting back to it now. I can't get a hold of the schematic. The customers complaint was the speaker was cutting out... When I had a look inside straight away I seen a loose capacitor, so I thought ahh ha!
    Replaced it... 470uF 25v small cap. Fired it up and it was working, yay!
    I had some music playing through it, started to think it sounded a little distorted so i decided il take the front grill off and check the speaker coil isn't rubbing. Before doing that I switched it off and pulled the power plug, it made this crazy High pitch noise. Now when I plug it back in with no signal going through it I get this loud horrible hum.
    Not sure where to look from here, esp without the schematic. Can I assume the fault is in the Power amp stage?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZX228LoItk this is the speaker.
    It has 4 separate pcbs under the hood.

I put the original cap back in out of curiosity... It then works... Switch off weird high pitch noise... switch back on loud hum no signal... Switch it off and on again, works fine.... Keeps happening. Strange

Comment

Are you testing this while it is apart? Are you not connecting a ground or a heat sink or?

When the loud hum occurs, is there dc voltage on the speaker?

Comment

Testing while its back together, I have it apart at the minute. I'm suspecting a dry joint or damaged cap somewhere as it seems as if the smoothing caps don't discharge or recharge in sync with each other

Comment

Working...
        X