Well, it's not a POCKET calculator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's not a POCKET calculator...

Some of you might find this interesting. I recommend exploring the included links too.

DIY Calculator :: Heath Robinson Rube Goldberg (HRRG) Computer
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Wacky stuff Enzo!

This nut is right down the street from me
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	839965
    details of his relay computer (ugh rats nest PTP!)

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	839964

Comment

check this guys wire wrap computer!!

Comment

Those last photos remind me...

I have a couple IBM plug boards. In the old days - like 1960s - computers took input from punch cards. And there was equipment to deal with punch cards. The IBM 029 card punch machine, card sorters, card deck duplicators, deck printers, etc. Big electromechanical machines. They were programmed by plug boards. There was a hatch on the base of the equipment, and inside was the plug board. See the link. Little jumper wires plugged into holes on the thing,and they stuck out the rear. the board was then slipped into a holder, and the projecting pins contacted a grid of contacts on the mother board. By plugging the jumpers in particular holes, you programmed it.

I always thought I could make some sort of cribbage board out of it, but I find them visually appealing.

IBM Control Panels

Name:	402c.jpg
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	839966
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The thread title made me think of this, I couldn't resist, sorry

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X