Switch question....what does "self latched maintained" mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch question....what does "self latched maintained" mean

Push Button Self Latched Maintained Switch 8x8mm Blue Button 6-Pin New | Sky-Electronic Mart

i think this is the same one used in my fender mustang III's 4 button footswitch, but i don't think any of the poles are closed till it's pushed, and it's all momentary. These look exactly like them but latched means it will stay closed after you let off unlike momentary which has me wondering if there are the ones i need. I just need to know what that description means.

There are two kinds of push switches, momentary, and latching. Momentary means just that - closed only while stepped on. LAtching means push on-push off like typical Fender stomp switches. Switches like the ones you link come in both momentary and latching. latching ones are used often for things like channel assign and mute switches on mixers.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      There are two kinds of push switches, momentary, and latching. Momentary means just that - closed only while stepped on. LAtching means push on-push off like typical Fender stomp switches. Switches like the ones you link come in both momentary and latching. latching ones are used often for things like channel assign and mute switches on mixers.
      Ok, i know how the stock switch works, so maybe someone can tell me where to find one like it? In the pic below 3 and 4 are normally closed as are 5 and 6. 1/2 and 4/5 are normally open. The switch IS momentary and when held down the opposite happens, IE: 1/2 and 4/5 are close and 2/3 and 5/6 are open. If no one can point me to one like in the pic i linked above, can someone tell me what a switch like that would be called? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	switch_zpshiqps9n9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	840254

Comment

Ok, so it's nothing more than a momentary DPDT. And i found a bunch of them on old parts boards. However, they Are all latching so i'll see if i can open them and delete the latching part. Otherwise i guess i should be able to find these but judging by the description of that one in the link they don't simply call them DPDT momentary or non latching DPDT.

Comment

Well hell, that was easy ! Posted the above and within 2 minutes it's done ! Just open it (snap on sides) and pull the little metal bar out that rides in a channel to make it latching and i have exactly what i needed. Cool daddy !

Comment

Working...
          X