Korg SP-300 info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg SP-300 info needed

Does anyone know how to take the back off to change the DC socket?

It is not so much 'taking off the back' as 'taking off the top'.

Opening the SP300 is fairly straightforward. You need to take off the screws going into the bottom panel, then you can remove the front bar, and then the wood bottom. There are three types of screws. The larger machine screws hold the keybed assembly to the wood bottom. The side panel screws are longer wood screws. A third set of screws runs along the back.

Comment

Mick,

I have the service manual but it is too large to post. PM me if you want it & I will email it to you.
      Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Comment

Ah! Thanks. As usual with keyboards, no nod towards servicability. And when it's opened up the cables are so tight you can't easily work on anything - like stroking a dog through a letterbox.

Comment

Drewline Hello. I have a Korg Sp-300 and I'd like to clean under the rubber contacts, because one of my keys produces maximum volume when touched. I started disassembling the piano, but i just can't remove the keys (after removing the wooden plate) and I'd really not prefer having to remove all screws from the buttom, inside part. I can't seem to send you a private message, to ask for that service manual, because I've just registered. Can you help me out in some way? How do i remove the keys? I've searched all over google, but none of the tutorials could help me, the keys are fixed in a way that seems very different from other mechanisms.
          Thank you in advance,
          András

Comment

Ravaszdi,
            Send me your email address so I can email the manual to you.
            Drewline

Comment

I don't think he can - he said he can't PM you because he's only just registered.

Comment

He can't start a PM but I think he can respond to one. Drewline if you send him a PM he should be able to reply with his email address.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Ravaszdi

Service info sent this morning.
                  Drewline
                  Drewline

Comment

Thank you everyone, Drewline successfully sent me the manual via e-mail. However, the manual doesn't provide any assistance in the disassembly of the interior of the piano. I guess It was meant for professionals who already know their way around a digital piano. Does anyone have any idea on how should I remove the keys? Should I share some photos?

Comment

Yes, photos would help. Are you trying to remove the entire key assembly, or just some keys?
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Hi there,
                        Does anyone own the service manual or the schematics of the sp 300?
                        And could share it?
                        Thanks

Comment

Mr Migoo,
                          Send me your email and I will send you the manual.
                          Drewline

Comment

Hi Drewline, I can't send you a PM, maybe because I'm new on the forum. Maybe I can answer if you send me a PM? Thanks for help.

Comment

Post your email here for me .
                              Drewline

Comment

Working...
                              X