Yamaha J-25 Guitar amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha J-25 Guitar amp

A friend of mine Yamaha J-25 Vintage amp bias trim pot burnt and doesn't know the value.
    Help also with value and current setting .And also Japanese vintage NISSHIN ONPA (Maxon) GT-10 guitar amp output power amp Ic lost and not known, Could TDA 2003 be a replacement?thks

I do not think that there is schematic available for this particular amp.

That said, the bias pot on most Yamaha amps like this one is 500 ohms Linear.

I have attached the JX 40 power amp & adjust proceedures for the bias (Note: for reference)

If your output section is similar, the bias test points are on TR9's emitter resistor.

JX 40 Pwr Amp.pdf
    JX 40 adjust.pdf
    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 02-01-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

thks,Jazz P Bass.....

Comment

With your GT-10, does the power amp IC mount onto a circuit board - if so, how many pins?

The TDA2003 could be made to work, but there could be compatibility issues that prevent a straight swap. Without a schematic it's down to trying to work it out from scratch. A start would be to identify the ground, power supply and signal input/output connections.

Do you have any test equipment?

Comment

Agree, TDA2003 possible only on a very old amp, needs 12/15V single supply; TDA2006/30/40/50 are split supply and incompatible with 2003 .
          They might even have used some Japanese IC , uPC sometging or reallyt anything else.
          Post an IC closeup picture, is any printed code visible?
          Even if partial.

Of course state what kind of supply (single/double) and voltages do you read, as suggested by Mick Bailey .

Edit: here's JX30, we're getting closer
          JX30BYAMAHAServiceManual-EN.pdf
          Last edited by J M Fahey; 02-03-2016, 01:43 PM.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Finally,TDA2030 worked in old GT-10,thks J M, so much for JX30 schematic. What a Classic manual.....

Comment

Originally posted by sawmichael View Post
              A friend of mine Yamaha J-25 Vintage amp bias trim pot burnt and doesn't know the value.
              Help also with value and current setting .And also Japanese vintage NISSHIN ONPA (Maxon) GT-10 guitar amp output power amp Ic lost and not known, Could TDA 2003 be a replacement?thks

YAMAHA J-25 has a trim pot of 470 OHMS.. i just repair 1 this week..
              you can tweek the trim between 2 and 3.. that is were its originally set.

there is a reason why the trim pot is burned.. you have to check the transistor in the power amp stage, there's a shorted 1 or 2..

Comment

Thanks alot juturnadee182.
                My amp has to be gathered alot of parts including 470 Ohms Pot and Output ICs.
                Thanks for the information and Hope I can repair upon Your datas.
                Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by sawmichael View Post
                  Thanks alot juturnadee182.
                  My amp has to be gathered alot of parts including 470 Ohms Pot and Output ICs.
                  Thanks for the information and Hope I can repair upon Your datas.
                  Bye.

sawmichael how's your friends j-25 amp now?

Comment

It was already damaged.My friend put it outside in the rain and the next time I went to see it's finished.

Comment

Working...
                    X