Kurzweil K2000 FET protection circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil K2000 FET protection circuit

I've been reading about an add on circuit board that was supplied to protect the output mute FETs from static damage on early K2000 keyboards. I can't find an actual board or even a schematic of the modification.

Anyone here have any information? I've got one here that has a dead J109 and I would like to add the protection circuit if I can before sending it back to the owner.

I'll look, but don't hold your breath.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks, whenever you have a chance to look it up.

Finally found a photo of the board. Looks like a pair of diodes connected to each output jack that connect to each of the voltage busses. Also a couple of caps on the board.

Comment

Was able to reverse engineer the circuit from one of the circuit boards. Here is a diagram for anyone that needs to update one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
          Was able to reverse engineer the circuit from one of the circuit boards. Here is a diagram for anyone that needs to update one.
          Hello to everyone!
          Thank you Bill for the FET protection board schematic. I want to make one for my K2000, but I'm unsure if I can make it properly , so I'm asking you for a little help. I suppose that the schematic continues the same, to the 6th diode pair, but without more caps. Am I right? Also the ground for the caps, can they be joined together and connected with a wire to a proper ground on the board? I don't want to fry my board, so maybe my questions sounds silly to you .. I have made some PCB layout, can you confirm it's correct pls? Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fet protect pcb1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	841494

Comment

Yes, your board looks good. That should work perfectly.

And welcome to the place.

Comment

Working...
            X