VOx Jaguar 2-pin plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOx Jaguar 2-pin plug

Does anyone know where to get hold of the 2-pin plug for a Vox Jaguar organ? looks like it would be better to make up a new plate with an earthed IEC socket though, and keep the original plate untouched, but I've been asked for an original connector.

I think that you are out of luck finding a replacement that fits right on. I have used a 4 pin header plug, using the outside two connectors. I think that the only thing that needed to be done to adapt the plug was to drill the square holes in the plug round to fit the socket pins.

I've seen photos of modified two wire computer and shaver cords, where the molded plastic end was slit between the two wires in order to fit the wider spacing of the organ's socket.

I'd love to have a source for replacement cords, so I hope that somebody here comes up with a good one.

Comment

If only we had a photo of what we need... I have lots of old connectors...
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

A photo from the link Mick gave and I assume the IEC C7, C8 is the two pin plug Bill 52 is referring to thus is too small.

The cigarette socket plug is for those portable 12volt coolers/refrigerators thus would not be rated for 120v.
        It seems to be a non standard at the moment .. apart from being square probably has similar pin spacing.
        That's just for interest not a recommendation !

Would it be possible to knock up the housing in a 3D printer ? I know of a few guys knocking around with 3D printers
        having a lot of expensive fun ! I suppose getting approval to "plug it in" would be slightly harder than running for President!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vox Jag pwr skt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	841406Click image for larger version

Name:	IEC C8.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	841407Click image for larger version

Name:	IEC C7 plug.jpg
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	841408Click image for larger version

Name:	IEC C8 dims.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	841409Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaycar Aust PP1986.jpg
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	841410

Comment

The pin spacing is wider than a modern IEC connector. In the UK it needs to be safe on 240v, too. I'm thinking the connector must have been used on other equipment, but I can't find a reference to a standard, maker or type.

I had a similar hunt for some 2-pin Revox leads from the 70s, though these are a different flat-bladed obsolete type.

Comment

And just what is the pin spacing?
            Different from outer 2 pins on a Wurlitzer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5470b1194a8eb_21260n.jpg
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	841426
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That which g1 posted is what we always called a "tape recorder cord". My HP distortion analyzers and some other HP gear use that too.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
              X