Kurzweil SP2X no audio out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil SP2X no audio out

Hi everyone, my audio out and headphone outs its not sending any audio.
    Replaced battery, checked and reseated cables, performed tests. Everything ok. Midi and USB works perfect, keybed also... dont know where else to look. Any idea?
    Thanks in advance

Welcome to the place.
    Originally posted by jpablodl View Post
    Replaced battery, checked and reseated cables, performed tests. Everything ok. Midi and USB works perfect, keybed also... dont know where else to look.
    Having done all of the above, I assume that you have the service manual. Did you perform a system reset? What system tests have you performed?

The audio outputs are all fed from a pair of output mute relays RY1 and RY2. Check to see that they are getting power from the control circuit and are not being turned off by some other function controller.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post

Having done all of the above, I assume that you have the service manual. Did you perform a system reset? What system tests have you performed?
      Yes, i do have the sevice manual. I performed a hard reset and i performed the diagnostic tests in the service manual. All of them.

The audio outputs are all fed from a pair of output mute relays RY1 and RY2. Check to see that they are getting power from the control circuit and are not being turned off by some other function controller.
      Now, im a pianist and have no background in electricity and my technical skills are very little. I have no idea on how to check if they are getting power...
      Im very much happy because i could replace a key. At this point, what am i facing? Should i consider taking it to service repair or is it something easy?

Comment

It is likely to bee something electronic, not mechanical, though having said that, my first suspect is usually the volume control itself. SLiders like to fail.

But to determine even that, you need to be able to identify parts on the circuit boards, and follow a schematic to detect audio signal at the various points. And Bill has a good idea with the mute relays. Sometimes keyboards have the "local" turned off and don't realize it, but I think a system reset would set local to on by default.

SO it sounds like you really ought to take it to a competent repair guy.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo. Run the volume slider test and it did ok... Output mutes sounded great, just i dont have a clue what he is talking about... Ill get someone take care of it!
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X