Selling off the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling off the shop

I been spending time inventorying, and consolidating parts drawers, and such. Sold a couple amps at the show recently. SO last night I started in earnest, and went on Craigs List to see what was selling locally. Look through the wanted section, found a guy wanting stereo gear, and another looking for synths and stuff. Dashed off emails, and by this morning, the stereo guy had called and would drive down here from an hour away.

Managed to sell $600 in old stereo gear, like AMpzilla (really), RT909 Pioneer deck, a couple Luxman L100, and some other stuff. Wow, I hope the keyboard guy finds interest here.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

I'm surprised, the way things have changed. Back in the day a big semi truck from Mexico would come around every shop in town every 6 months or so. This truck would make a big pass of several states and cities. They would by every abandoned/not economically repairable/physically damaged/ obsolete unit in the shop and haul it off. We always invisioned the "Great Electronics Graveyard" down there with stuff be pieced together out of a massive pile.

Comment

I have a bunch of that stuff too. I wouldn;t give away the name stuff, but the junky little Pioneers and Aiwas and Kenwoods are not worth a lot. Most of the cassette decks I have already scrapped - save the PT and power cord. I have scrapped a lot of receivers - save the PT and power cord, sometime save the heat sink.

I used to get those calls asking if I had any dead consumer electronics, and indeed the guy always had a Mexican accent.

I still have a box of odds and ends. I saved a number of LED VU meter assemblies off some units. generally they stood alone, apply +5 or +12 and ground with two signal ins for left and right. Four wires to a working VU display. I have a few, anyone wants them.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I have a bunch of that stuff too. I wouldn;t give away the name stuff, but the junky little Pioneers and Aiwas and Kenwoods are not worth a lot. Most of the cassette decks I have already scrapped - save the PT and power cord. I have scrapped a lot of receivers - save the PT and power cord, sometime save the heat sink.

I used to get those calls asking if I had any dead consumer electronics, and indeed the guy always had a Mexican accent.

I still have a box of odds and ends. I saved a number of LED VU meter assemblies off some units. generally they stood alone, apply +5 or +12 and ground with two signal ins for left and right. Four wires to a working VU display. I have a few, anyone wants them.
        i should be in Muskegon week of July 4th may try to ride over to Lansing Will let you know.

Nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
          I'm surprised, the way things have changed. Back in the day a big semi truck from Mexico would come around every shop in town every 6 months or so. This truck would make a big pass of several states and cities. They would by every abandoned/not economically repairable/physically damaged/ obsolete unit in the shop and haul it off. We always invisioned the "Great Electronics Graveyard" down there with stuff be pieced together out of a massive pile.
          maybe the stuff all came back hollowed out and full of coke/meth/heroin?

Good luck selling Enzo! I hope you beat the 5-10:1 flake to real buyer ratio on C list!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            I had a guy that worked in my shop in San Diego move back to Tennessee and open a shop. He said the same guy in the same truck found him there!

Comment

yeah, well it is just like the same old fat guy with a beard is the local amp tech wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X