Rcf 705AS problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rcf 705AS problem

hi everyone, I have an rcf 705AS (old type) with no power. I believe the component in the photo is to blame but I can't identify it to buy a replacement. Can anyone help? I believe it's part of the soft start circuit. It lives next to the relay,i had a problem with it some time ago, broken leg.

Thanks

Liam
    Attached Files

Does it measure as open? It looks like a thermistor to me.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

To my knowledge it is a thermistor. All I can tell you is it gets hot enough to smoke within seconds, I've not had chance to look into it too much other than to say I can't identify any specs etc

Comment

Thermistors like that are usually in series with the mains, is that the case? And if that happens, first make and USE a light bulb limiter. But I;d be looking for a short across the power supply. Most likely an output transistor or perhaps a rectifier.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can see.

Comment

Send a PM to doctor.
            He mentioned in this post that he has the schematic but it is too large to post on the forum: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t29765/#post263371
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I've sent him a pm. So, what's this light bulb limiter?

Comment

Easier if you just google it, and pick on of the MANY little articles on it. it is an outlet and a light bulb essentially.

Comment

Pretty sure I know what you mean now I'm awake properly buy I'll give it a Google anyway

Comment

Had nothing back on this, can anybody else help with the schematic?

Comment

Give RCF USA a call.

There in New Jersey.

RCF - USA

Comment

I've emailed them but got nothing back as of yet. The amps with a independent engineer at the moment but we still need a schematic. Anybody have the diagrams from other units with the same amp? Ie. Db sub15, fl15/fl18 (possibly) or rcf 8001as, 8002as from memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssdj View Post
                          I've emailed them but got nothing back as of yet. The amps with a independent engineer at the moment but we still need a schematic. Anybody have the diagrams from other units with the same amp? Ie. Db sub15, fl15/fl18 (possibly) or rcf 8001as, 8002as from memory?
                          Here are the schematics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Doctor, you are a f***ing legend, I owe you a beer! Apologies for the multiple messages!

Comment

The legend does not like a beer. Cognac will be more suitable…

Comment

Working...
                              X