Allen and heath zed fx16 no main output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadk88 View Post
    I did take the power supply and found the power plug was loose and had three broken solders, would that have anything to do with it ?

No and yes which means there wouldn't be a specific supply for that section ie those 3 wires would not power just the electronics
    round the output section but if they had been intermittent (continuously connecting /disconnecting) it's possible some component
    in that area "threw in the towel" .

Before you go any further is it under warranty?

If not first you have to have that dodgy plug? repaired or fixed firmly so it doesn't cut in and out.

Then you can try what JP Bass suggested and let us know.

Comment

I soldered the plug back and out it back together to see if that did anything, but it didn't. I haven't jumpered anything thing yet, but i was able to get a signal by pushing the insert cable in and out and I found a spot where it was actually showing on the Meter and could here myself through a speaker

Comment

Sounds like it is the insert jacks. Is the mixer very old? I'm surprised it's had time to accumulate grime !
        Perhaps it resides in a dusty environment or perhaps they were tarnished when assembled.
        That caig deoxit is good stuff !It also as the name suggests de-oxidises the surface and supposedly
        leaves a very fine protective but conductive film.
        They also make fader lube which may be more useful/versatile to you in the long run. (for treating volume controls , faders etc).
        You only need a tiny bit and it lasts a long time. Unfortunately in Aust it costs about $45 but have seen it in the US for around 10 bucks.
        Guys on the forum may know a good place to buy it.

Comment

The mixers about 5 years old, but it was used about twice a week for about 3 years and it was stored in trailer uncovered for most of that time. I'll get some of that caig stuff and give it a try

Comment

Ok, never got a chance to get the caig, but i did get some regular contact cleaner but that didn't do anything. Should I get the craig or should the contact cleaner fixed it. If not is there anything else I should check

Comment

Did you ever plug a jack into the inserts and jumper tip to ring as suggested?
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...-20problem.pdf

Comment

Bet ya the main fader is faulty!

Comment

Thanks Enzo,
                    I was able to find the schematic for an Allen & Heath Mix Wizard3 16.2 on this site. I want to have the schematic on hand before I let the customer bring in his mixing board with a stuck on Peak Indicator on one channel.

Comment

Working...
                    X