Behringer PMP3000 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PMP3000 board

My Behringer amps drop out and come back in. Preamp signal is good, but the power drops out at random. First it was only on the mains, now it drops out on the Monitor side as well. I first thought it was bad cables, so I replaced/repaired all cables. It did pretty well until a pedal steel guitar player unplugged his microphone under full power and the plugged a different mic in...POP! It died completely on the amp side. Rebooted and it came back up but only powers about forty percent of the time: dead the rest of the time. Its a EuroPower 1200 watt (highly exaggerated at that).

Check the preamp out and return jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by diydidi View Post
      I'm not using preamp out: all internal. Simple setup, just mic and instrument inputs, direct out from board to speakers. No effects, no looping.

Comment

Originally posted by diydidi View Post
        Originally posted by tdcarnut View Post
        I'm not using preamp out: all internal.
        He was probably referring to the switching jacks (inserts and returns) that can cause exactly the problem you have.
        See this sticky post about the issue: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t28549/
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          He was probably referring to the switching jacks (inserts and returns) that can cause exactly the problem you have.
          See this sticky post about the issue: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t28549/
          That is correct. Try a jack cable link between the two.

Comment

Working...
          X