No announcement yet.

Got Mojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's subjective. Have you ever played through an instrument or a rig that everyone thinks sucks and loved it? Or.. Wondered why is that guy using that POS!? I played slide on a Victoria I picked up for $45 for years until some one stoled it. Someone must of thought it had mojo? Or was in just a crime of opportunity and I was wasted? Lol!

Comment

I thought guitars and amps sound better, because of better Teching, and better part placement.
      A rabbit's foot, or spell, isn't going to make you play better, but a better guitar, pickups, and amp might.
      I don't buy into the mojo Stick!
      T
      ** I think you guys are confusing Mojo with Tone?
      I'm all about tone, afterall, I am a ToneOholic!
      Last edited by big_teee; 09-20-2016, 09:52 PM.
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
        For your definition of mojo, I think it would be tough to keep your 'feeling' from becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy, at least for the stuff you have a negative opinion about. And in cases like ebay that you mentioned, you would pass on the particular item, so no way to find out for sure if it was good or bad.
        Well I have to agree with you on all points,That being said I still think there is something to it but I agree it's something that can't be proven one way or the other

Comment

I think frequently its stuff that we don't understand yet, but does make a difference to some people. I remember back in the seventies when EVH was telling everyone that he could tell the difference in sound with different cable lengths. I don't remember people using the phrase "Mojo" in the way we use it now (due to Austin Powers???), but "Eddie being Eddie" basically meant the same thing in this situation = He's hearing things and its B/S. Turns out he was right...Now we can all hear it

p.s. I don't think he was the only one that knew this Mojo. I believe that Jimi used long coiled cables even when he didn't need the length, e.g. Buddy Guy too I think I read somewhere. And I'm sure there were some EE types in studios etc. that knew this from a technical perspective as well.
          Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

Working...
          X