• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickb View Post
    "Look for horses, not zebras"
    "Never look for reasons not to check something"
    "hum is not generic"
    "Most anything that breaks will work up until that point. Everything works until it doesn't."
    #1, isolate the problem.
    "When it starts working, stop "fixing"
    "Volts don't kill tubes. Watts do"
    "Narrow down the problem"
    "we're here to repair things, not re-engineer them"
    "#1. At home or at work... Get the right tool for the job"
    "Test the zener diode to make sure it is 'zeneing'."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      mort: there are photos of me here somewhere. Just a big old hairy guy.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Enzo%20and%20Wenzo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	844041

Comment

When I was at the music store I used to sell the tubes of Hammond Oil in my shop. 1 ounce tubes, I think they came 50 to a case. Little old ladies came to my counter asking for "organ oil". We sold them for $1.50

As a joke, I'd always tell them "$1.50 or three for $5." Just to see who would bite. ALmost everyone went for it. No, I never took anyone's money like that, I always admitted it was a joke.
        I always like the Enzoistic stories, similar to Enzoisms, but in story telling fashion. Another one that made me laugh was when a little old lady showed up at his shop with her Audi car to get something repaired. She was driving down the street and saw a sign that said "Audio Repair", so she pulled right in.
        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]41331[/ATTACH]
          Ahhhhh, it all makes sense now....why Enzo is so giving here.....he's santa claus !!!!

Comment

You don't want to go to the S-word place.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks Enzo, for all the help over the years. I hope you find something to keep you busy, entertained and happy for many years to come.

Comment

You don't want to go to the S-word place.
                No, We don't. I'll just leak the REAL story about why...

Once upon a time they actually met! Santa and Enzo. There was an altercation and a fight ensued. Enzo kicked Santa's ass... And then stole his beard.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I hear the S word every freaking day. WHy so many people think it is clever to tell a bearded man he looks like Santa is beyond me. But little kids get a pass. They are innocent in this, so I play along for them.

I was in Kinkos one night years ago copying schematics from the shop I was leaving. Some mom had her four your old in tow as she made a copy of something. This apparently being a free-range kid, he gravitated towards me and asked, "Are you Santa?" I said, "SHHH, it is supposed to be a secret." OH, says the kid. The kid went back to mommy, hanging on her pant leg, but he kept looking over at me and smiling. The lady was unaware of my interaction with the kid as I stood a couple machines away from hers. She finished and took the kid towards the exit. The kid stopped, turned and ran back near me and in a loud whisper said "Goodbye, Santa". Then hustled back to mom, who looked really confused. I just waved.
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If you want to believe it's just the beard, that's ok buddy.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

If I receive a mint condition Sovtek Mig 50 under the Christmas tree this year... Well then I will have my suspicions about who really is Santa Claus!!
                      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I have a MIG30 and a MIG 60 over at Elderly Instruments in line to be consigned. They are not up on the listings yet. They are both NOS amps.

Edit to add: I just got email from them with consignment contracts, so I don't know if Santa will bring one to you, but he has them.
                        Last edited by Enzo; 11-09-2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X