Danelectro 9100 rev unit Piezo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danelectro 9100 rev unit Piezo

Will these work? The OEM (I assume) are ganged. I can't find a sandwiched version anywhere.

If I buy two of these and use mica insulator would that work?

12MM PIEZO ELEMENT | All Electronics Corp.

thx in adv

Have you tried looking at MCM Electronics:
    MCM Electronics - Search Results for Piezo

Comment

WHy do you need them ganged? They are pickups as they are, all you need worry about is not letting the springs short the sides together.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The original transducers were Ceramic Crystals, just like old fashioned ceramic phono cartridges. The Piezo will work very well as the receive pickup with no circuit changes, but they don't work very well as the driver without increasing the signal going to the Piezo.

The ones that you have linked are typical Piezos with two elements bonded together. There are two wires, one each soldered to each of the elements.

Are both of the original crystals dead? If one is good, use it as the driver and replace the receiver with a Piezo.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
          The original transducers were Ceramic Crystals, just like old fashioned ceramic phono cartridges. The Piezo will work very well as the receive pickup with no circuit changes, but they don't work very well as the driver without increasing the signal going to the Piezo.

The ones that you have linked are typical Piezos with two elements bonded together. There are two wires, one each soldered to each of the elements.

Are both of the original crystals dead? If one is good, use it as the driver and replace the receiver with a Piezo.
          I'm not sure if this is the orig (or not). This only had one unit (disc element) inside a piece of doubled white paper material the springs are glued to. I slid the element out and the disc has 4 small gua wires that go to a 3 leg terminal strip. Out of circuit one side red to blk reads a short, and the other side an open. There are no short circuits at the audio wires connected to the terminal lugs with the disc out of circuit.

It looks like one center part of the disc as common and upper and lower sides have smaller disc elements... iow looks like 2 piezo elements stacked and glued. The I and O audio wires are only going to one side, unlike reverb tanks that have xfmrs and jacks on each side of the springs.

Comment

The original crystals were rectangular, kinda like an undersized PEZ tablet. They were wrapped in a white cloth tape.

I seem to remember seeing photos online somewhere, I'll see if I can find one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9100 transducer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	844632
            Last edited by 52 Bill; 01-26-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Last time I repaired a piezo reverb like that, I stole a piezo disc from one of those Moto piezo tweeters that are everywhere. Worked for me.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Last time I repaired a piezo reverb like that, I stole a piezo disc from one of those Moto piezo tweeters that are everywhere. Worked for me.
                If it didn't register.... Enzo means Motorola tweeter. They usually have 4 screws to disassemble them. Look at the link I posted earlier. It's a matter of what physically works. The one you posted can be used as a pickup or a buzzer too.

Comment

Found this pic somewhere on the Net years ago. Don't remember if I ever tried it.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...1&d=1485528688
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X