X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond M3 Reverb

Can I? Should I? Is it worth it?

These are the questions.

Because of my impending move out-of-state, I decided to sell my Hammond M3 so I don't have to lug the thing around a couple more times. It has the optional tube reverb amp, with 3 different length/diameter springs that just loop down hanging from the left side of the organ.

The guy I am selling it to said he didn't particularly need the reverb in there, as he had no plans to attach an extra speaker. I could have just disabled it so that nobody turned it on with nothing attached, but he said to go ahead and remove it. So, I did.

I am assuming that I can just attach a power cord where the power came from the main amp? I am assuming I can attach a grounded cord?

Since the input came directly off the speaker of the Hammond, could I assume that it would be OK to parallel it off a +/-15W guitar amp speaker, without harming the amp?

Would it be worth it to build a box for this thing, attach a speaker to it's amp out, and use it for a reverb unit?

Any danger signs here? Any tips? Anything? Figured since it was just going to be lying around, might be a possibility to turn it into a guitar amp reverb, if possible. Maybe record a non-reverb signal from the guitar amp, and shove a mic in front of the speaker of this thing to mix in 'verb from another track? Might make a pretty lush-sounding reverb, with three different long springs.

Just wondering.

Brad1

Hi,

Saw your post and wondered is you had any info playing with the reverb unit. I just picked up an M3 myself and its 100% including the reverb. It is not connected to anything, although it works fine.

Comment

I don't have an answer for you but, the original post was made almost four years ago. You'll probably get better response if you start a new thread for your question.

Comment

Working...
      X