Peavey XR1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey XR1200

So I just got my hands on this vintage beast. I don't know beans about it and can't locate a user manual for it. I was wondering if any of you old timers could help me out. What ohm speakers does this thing take? All of my cabinets are 8 ohm would this work? Also I have a photo of the back of it and is there a diagram that shows you how to hook up effects to it or where to hook into cabinets? It's a little hard to figure out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XR1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	871512

Manual is here: https://assets.peavey.com/literature...s/80370355.pdf

130 watts output @ 8 Ohms
    240 watts output @ 4 Ohms

Comment

Look at your photo, lower right corner. It has 200 watts into 4 ohms printed right by the jacks. 200 watts is the rated power, 240 watts is power at clipping, so they gave you 40 watts of headroom even.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Fantastic thank you. Ok one last question maybe how would you hook up a Ipod to the this or phone to have backing music? I laid this monster out in the living room today and it powers up. I don't have a microphone just guitar stuff. I hooked the cable from my phone like I do on my Fender Sunn PA head to all the high Z inputs on it and the level lights go up and down with the music but no sound. Does this mean it's bad? I tried hooking my guitar pedal board into each high Z input and I see the level lights working but no sound. Is this for microphones only or maybe it's messed up.

Comment

If the 'level led's' function & respond to the controls, then you have an output circuit issue.

Comment

Or dirty patch jacks. Or inoperative graphics.

Try patch cords from MAIN OUT to POWER AMP IN, sound come out?
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

My bad this thing works great. I had the cables hooked up to the mixer but forgot to plug them into the cabinets. Easy to do with 10 cabinets and five different pa heads and mixers all in the same room. Good thing I didn't hook one PA to the other

Comment

Working...
              X