• Show
Clear All

• Great idea... a bit pricey?

Loknob | stewmac.com

Not as elegant... much cheaper?

https://www.parts-express.com/shurta...m_campaign=pla
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Cheaper yes, but won't do anything to stop your shirtsleeve from turning the guitar knob.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I call BS. StewMac has a lot of good stuff, but they have a lot of nonsense like this as well. If you can't dial in your tone at any given point then your problems are far greater than this ridiculous product.
        It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Cheaper yes, but won't do anything to stop your shirtsleeve from turning the guitar knob.
          Tony sez what you need is The Nut Hugger (see 10:06).
          I wonder what they charge for those adhesive-backed felt washers?

Last edited by rjb; 05-26-2017, 05:05 AM.
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Isn't there a line of pedals with controls that depress to become flush with the top of the unit when the user doesn't want to access them? Anybody have a sense of whether they are desirable/useful? I'd think the 'loknob' would be marginally easier to operate than those pop-up knobs, and hey, I can put it on my amp too? When it's too dark - or I'm too st@ned - to see clearly, it might be a nice thing to be confident in control positions during soundcheck. Oh, wait! I shouldn't be smoking before the first break, should I?
            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
              Isn't there a line of pedals with controls that depress to become flush with the top of the unit when the user doesn't want to access them?
              About 20 years ago Ibanez had pedals with this feature. A friend picked up 3 or 4 of them 15 years back on a close-out sale for just $15-20 each. Never did get a look inside to see how they did the push-in feature nor have I ever heard him say that it was a terrific idea. Just more cheap pedals for the studio.

Oh, wait! I shouldn't be smoking before the first break, should I?
              Hell you should be smokin' from the first note!

Ohhhh... that kind of smokin'. Well whatever floats yer boat.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                Hell you should be smokin' from the first note!

Ohhhh... that kind of smokin'. Well whatever floats yer boat.
                To be honest, neither kind of smokin' is warmly regarded at the local church gig
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

To be honest, neither kind of smokin' is warmly regarded at the local church gig
                  Wassamatta? Do the church elders become incensed?

Wasn't so long ago evvabody had a cig lit all the time, sunday school teachers & all.
                  This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                    Wassamatta? Do the church elders become incensed?
                    bah-Dah-BOOM!

Comment

edibles
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                        I call BS. StewMac has a lot of good stuff, but they have a lot of nonsense like this as well. If you can't dial in your tone at any given point then your problems are far greater than this ridiculous product.
                        Well... problems do abound... frequently I have been on stage where I can't adequately hear myself in the stage mix well, but I know what my general amp and pedal settings should normally be locked at. I have one electric resonator guitar that has one annoyingly finicky pickup blend pot. I have abated the problem by installing a rubber O-ring under the knob.... basically what these do. I think these are bit clunky and overpriced but I can see a use for them. I've also seen cages mounted over amp panels and racks, especially large eqs.

Comment

Working...
                        X