What is this thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this thing?

The spring reverb is likely with another old tube amp organ pull. So pretty much disregard factoring that in. This all came in a box from a keyboard player friend.
    Maybe a Leslie simulator?
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	history eraser.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	853331

Pretty sure this is the History Eraser Button.

I say fire that thing up and see what it does!

Comment

Being where it is, and the associated large ceramic resistors (5W?) plus ventilated cover I would suspect a regulated power supply.
      Not enough complexity for a Leslie Simulator which would be something akin to an old style Phaser.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Are those big black things inductors on the tag board? If so, could be some kind of all-pass filter. But again, I'm just a blind man pulling on an elephant's tail.
        If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
        If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
        We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
        MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

They look like old "enamelled" style ceramic resistors to me.
          We are used to modern rectangular white ceramic ones, but I´m old enough to remember this style.

And even older ceramic body *exposed* wire ones, think 40´s 50´s radios and PA amplifiers, some adjustable with a sliding metallic strap.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

They look like old "enamelled" style ceramic resistors to me.
            Yes, they look like enamelled wirewound power resistors. (Also old enough )
            Last edited by Helmholtz; 03-12-2019, 11:48 PM.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Not “that” old.. looks like 1970s Japanese components. The black things are wire wound resistors. Are the electrolytics Nichon?

Comment

Working...
              X