Lee Jackson Marshall Mods DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Jackson Marshall Mods DVD

Hi Guys, I'm Bruce Collins brother and plan to ask him this question. But I'm also wondering if any of you have seen Lee Jackson's DVD's on modding Marshalls? I have an '82 JCM800 50 watt combo with high/low vertical inputs...a cool amp! But it's way to bright and brittle sounding.

I'm sure Bruce knows about as much about modding Marshalls as anyone, but I was going to pick up Lee Jackson's video on modding JCM800's and was wondering if it's worthwhile.

Thanks! Lew

Don't know about that, but if you simply clip one side of the "bright" cap across the volume pot you'll get rid of those nasty piercing highs.

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
      Don't know about that, but if you simply clip one side of the "bright" cap across the volume pot you'll get rid of those nasty piercing highs.
      Yep...they are nasty. Maybe not so much with a Les Paul but with a Tele or Strat it's ice pick in the ear time. Changing that 5000 pf treble cap in the tone stack to something smaller helps too.

Comment

long cord (more capacitance), reduce or clip bright caps, darker speaker, better OT

Comment

Working...
        X