Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a part by number???

Hi everybody!

Well, i have a part like a small seramic cap in shape, yellow bearing thoses numbers 460v 593-PH 9933 it'sd wired between two DC ends of a bridge rectifier. Anybody knows what this might be? Power zenner? It drops down the voltage from 335 to 215 aproximately.

Bye and thanks.

Max.

What is it in?

very unlikely to put a zener right across a bridge. I'd be more inclined to think it was a varistor or even an actual cap.

And if it loads down the DC at that bridge, I'd think that was not right.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Well, it's in a semikron bridge rectifier which blew up, and most certainly made to lower the voltage, as rectifying the line voltage over here of 238 aproximately gives 335vdc more or less. And the electromagnet brake it was wired to is 205vdc 25 watts. Hence my guess of it being possibly a zenner. Nevermind if i can't identify it, i've unsoldered it from the crappy bridge and made one out of 4 1N4007 with this added in the same spot as on the other, and it gives me 215 max, it's good enough for me.

Bye. And thanks again.

Max.

Comment

I meant what piece of equipment was it in?

A zener always needs some way to limit current - it would never be slapped directly across the power supply.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo.

Thanks again for your replies. It's in a Hammer N3 bandsaw's brake circuit. I've done a litle search before i enquired here. To no avail.

Thanks again.

Bye.

Max.

Comment

Working...
          X