Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy, I'm back around

Hey Guys,

Did you miss me - cuz I missed you all. It's been a crazy time since I last posted in August - had my home internet shut off due to a dispute with Verizon (that I still haven't resolved - I using the Wise town-wide WiFi system - and love it) and then acquired a "mystery" virus that attacked my liver and knocked me out for several months. But, despite the fact that the Dr.'s haven't identified what's ailing me, I seem to be getting better but I still have sweating "attacks" and "narcolepsy" (I sleep around 12 hours/day). Am scheduled for a liver biopsy next month (hey, who wouldn't be looking forward to having a 20 penny nail stuck into they're right side).

Anyhoo, like I said, I've missed the forum/ampage and I'm going to start contributing again in a gradual manner. Money's tight so if any of you all have "rare and precious" tube/equipment needs please e-mail me as I have far more stuff than I'm going to be able to "spend down" in builds so I might as well "cash out" what I won't use - will eventually sell on flea-bay but would like to give the old crowd a crack at it first.

Rob Mercure

Hey, get well soon, after all, it ain't healthy to be sick.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Rob. I hope that you're feeling better and all goes well for you.

I've been gone a while too, but I've just been busy doing other things that haven't left me much time for fun.

Get well soon.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Man, viruses suck.

Be nice to your liver - don't challenge it with anything difficult (Tylenol, Advil, Alcohol, Aspartame/Saccharin ...)

Welcome back!

Comment

hey rob. it's nice to see some old names still haunting the place!

hope your biopsy goes well.

ken

Comment

Thanks Guys,

(Ken, should I name it after you <grin>).

Getting better all the time

Comment

hey Rob, hope you feel better soon. It really sucks to be sick and have any sort of incapacitation.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Have to head to Charlottesville in a few minutes to get my liver biopsy done tomorrow - really looking forward to it <as much as self-trephination with my electric drill> - wish me luck.

If you've ever looked at the state of Virginia, USA it extends westward to a pointy tail - that's the part of the state I live in. Unfortunately to have Medicaid pay for the liver work I have to go to a Virginia medical school and the closest one is in Charlottesville at the University of Virginia - six hours drive (300 miles) east. Which sucks as there is a medical school at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City only 1.25 hours south (and the University of Kentucky 2.5 hours west - hell, even Atlanta, GA is slightly closer as well as WV, NC, SC, and OH med schools).

So I'm driving 1/2 way there in a little bit and spend the night with my ex in Blacksburg, VA and then hit the road at 4:00 am to get to C'ville in time for the initial CAT scan before they stab me.

Ain't bureaurocracy and politics grand! Seems like there would be recriprocal agreements between state governments to cover situations like this - especially since the Federal govt. is the originating source of most of the funds.

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me blow of a little steam about the BS - have already made this trip twice and will probably have to make it at least a couple of times more (at $80-100 in gasoline cost alone).

Have a beer for me - I haven't had a drink in 6 months and probably never will again <grin>.

Rob

Comment

Hey Rob,
                  Hope those folks in hoo-ville treated you OK! They've got pretty good docs there-they handled my Mom this month and she actually listened to about half of what they said...better than anywhere else she's been.
                  Give us an update when you're up to it. I'm sure there's a bunch of us out there rootin' for ya,

Regards,
                  Marc
                  Last edited by tboy; 06-01-2008, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X