adding a true bypass switch to a 7 watt amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a true bypass switch to a 7 watt amp

hello all! i have a little boss mg-10 guitar amp i scrapped from a yard sale and i actually really dig the overdrive on it. i go from the headphone out into my other amp as it sits but i wanted to add a true-bypass switch so i can turn the effect on and off and use this as a foot pedal (you may be asking why at this point but again the distortion is gnarly). i know how to wire a true-bypass switch but a couple of issues with this one. the headphone jack is a switching jack ( which is realize is normal) and the input jack has two hot leads. one of the leads goes to the volume control and the other is the tip. how do i accomplish this task? any ideas? thanks.

Originally posted by randomair View Post
    how do i accomplish this task? any ideas? thanks.
    Don't make this too complicated, you plug your guitar in the front of the MG-10 and plug a cord from your amp into the headphone jack of the MG-10. Either buy a loop box and wire the amp into the loop jacks or just wire the bypass switch to a couple of cords with plugs that plug into the MG-10.

If you want to pull the board and re-case the unit, then you will have to remove the input and headphone jacks and re-wire the connections to the bypass switch.

Comment

Working...
    X