Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAP15 N o & SAP15 P o

Hello folks,
    Working on a Rocktron Velocity 300. It's a version that has the SAP15 darlington xisotors in the output stage driven by an IC. The only schemo avail is an older one with a more standard discrete power stage. I discovered that one of the built in emitter resistors was open. So for the hell of it I just jumped the external pins that connect to these emitter resistors with a 0.22ohm and voila, it works even driven into a load, but has anyone tried this?

They;re typically 5 watters when external so I have to figure whatever they have internally that can be a 5 watt but not that size must just be in the substrate.
    I'll probably just order the stupid things (seems eBay from China the only source except for the UK),
    If anyone knows of a domestic source, I'd of course rather them from here. Thanx, g

I received the SAP15's from the Chinese source. Originally, the SAP15-N version had the interanl emitter resistor open but of the replacements, the SAP15-P version had the internal emitter resistor open...fortunately, I just used the good original SAP15-P xistor along with the new SAP15-N xistor & all funcioned fine.
    I have a message to the supplier to replace the bad one.
    I still don't know if just placing a 0.22ohm resistor across the pins where the internal resistor is would work, but when I was testing the unit before replacing the xistor it seemed as though it would have...Oh well...

Comment

Working...
    X