X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go!
    Attached Files

Comment

Thx. My reading of it is that "nominal input level" for the adjustment is to set the input control " full right" ( I guess clockwise) and the input "hi / lo" switch pressed, 200Hz at 100mVrms applied.

I see a note that the offset only need be adjusted if the converter has been replaced. It's rather up to you if you want to do it. If it is well off it might be a symptom of a real issue.

I think it's worthwhile having a good look at the caps and certainly replace any that are leaking electrolyte or current. If you have an ESR meter then that can quickly find the ones that do need replacement. It's really tough call though. On one hand you don't want to do any unnecessary work and the risk that goes along with ( think obsolete parts) that and on the other you want to know that it's in the best possible condition and reliability. Again it's your call.

PS: The specs are really quite impressive.

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
        Thx. My reading of it is that "nominal input level" for the adjustment is to set the input control " full right" ( I guess clockwise) and the input "hi / lo" switch pressed, 200Hz at 100mVrms applied.

I see a note that the offset only need be adjusted if the converter has been replaced. It's rather up to you if you want to do it. If it is well off it might be a symptom of a real issue.

I think it's worthwhile having a good look at the caps and certainly replace any that are leaking electrolyte or current. If you have an ESR meter then that can quickly find the ones that do need replacement. It's really tough call though. On one hand you don't want to do any unnecessary work and the risk that goes along with ( think obsolete parts) that and on the other you want to know that it's in the best possible condition and reliability. Again it's your call.

Many thanks!!

Yes, I only want to check the LED meter, and change the filter caps... nothing more.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post
          There is also mention of 'service switch S401', which is something other than S101, the HI/LO switch.

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Davebassman View Post
            Here we go!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	-  up.png
Views:	245
Size:	1.5 KB
ID:	910948
            It's All Over Now

Comment

If you decide to replace the caps, change C161 (4700u), C162, (1000u), C163 (1000u). Make an effort they are low-esr caps and for 105 ° C

If it is a two-layer PCB, arm yourself with patience and the appropriate tools (vacuum solder ...)

1)
              The previous vk post (10:24 PM) was deleted by mistake
              Last edited by vintagekiki; 08-09-2020, 09:08 PM.
              It's All Over Now

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X