Silvertone 69a Console Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvertone 69a Console Speakers

I'm restoring this console for a buddy and I am at a crossroads on the setup of this unit. It has two push pull 6V6 amps, one for the 4 speakers in the console and the other amp for an external "stereo" speaker which they do not have. I am tempted to split the speakers into spares and run both amps but I will end up with two 16 ohms pairs instead of the needed 8 ohms. I kicked around throwing an 8 ohm sand resistor on each to even things out but realize I will loose a lot of power through heat that way but they will have a stereo phonograph and likely a little more volume overall. How would y'all proceed?

Schematic here: http://www.ez260.com/silvertone-69a-schematic/

Comment

Yes I have that plus the preamp and radio if interested. The phono is stereo but I don't think the the radio is as it has a RCA input for multiplex? I guess this was sold separately. They do want one of these bluetooth modules added so I'd like to give them a stereo out if possible.
      Last edited by tdlunsfo; 08-11-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

If they're not opposed to replacing the speakers you can get generic home stereo drivers for quite a low price that would likely sound better and would let you choose the proper impedance to run the two power amps.

Comment

Working...
        X