Noise cancellation for fun or profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post

It's not exactly a new technology in airplanes - I've been on a couple of Bombardiers with cabin noise suppression and they were surprisingly quiet - that was 15-20 years ago. I'm sure other manufacturers have picked up on noise suppression by now.

Another trend in autos - noise making for electric cars. So you can let pedestrians know you're there. Or just make kool noises vroom vroooooom!
    I think I saw that the Mustang actually plays some sort of recording of the perfect exhaust sound to make them sound extra obnoxious. And as someone with not one but two neighbors with Mustangs obnoxious is the right word. I HATE MUSTANGS!

I gotta move. That's all there is to it. I'll be setting up a crowd funding page to make it possible. Can I count on all of you for a few thousand . . . each?

Comment

With low frequencies you have to consider bone conduction as a significant part of what you hear and I see this as a major obstacle in effective noise reduction. Anyone remember the Bone Phone? Bone conduction is the reason why hearing protection is ineffective at high-volume/low frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
        With low frequencies you have to consider bone conduction as a significant part of what you hear and I see this as a major obstacle in effective noise reduction. Anyone remember the Bone Phone? Bone conduction is the reason why hearing protection is ineffective at high-volume/low frequency.
        A phenom with which I am all too familiar. I'd never read about such but figured it out on my own once I realized that earplugs AND headphone type ear protection, both worn AT THE SAME TIME, were not keeping the noise out of my head.

Comment

Working...
        X