Europower pmp5000 no amp sound when cold start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europower pmp5000 no amp sound when cold start

Hi i have behringer pmp 5000 and i have this problem.
    when i power on for first time ,the mixer starts normally but the amplifier not working. After 5 - 10 minutes the amplifier start working. Then if i power off and on again ,then amplifier starts after 3-10 seconds and working fine. The voltage on the amplifier is the same all time. So i think that the problem is on my amplifier. Can you suggest any solution? Thank you!!!! Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by stelioskoz; 11-13-2020, 02:11 PM.

So finally i manage to fix the problem. That was capacitor c66 2,2 μf 50V on the amplifier. Now the mixer and the amplifier starts normally

Comment

Congrats for finding that.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 11-17-2020, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
        Congrats for finding that.
        Thank you jazz p bass!!!! I measured the voltage on c66 it was 4v and every second it goes up and up and after minutes the voltage was 8 v. Then the amplifier started. So i changed the capacitor and the problem fixed.

Comment

So that resulted in the output of IC 6 comparator staying low.

Comment

Jazz P Bass Yes i think this circuit is for safety. If the amplifier is very hot then the thermistor R1 change the resistance and the ic 6 cut the amplifier
            Last edited by stelioskoz; 11-18-2020, 08:15 AM.

Comment

R1 seems to be a thermistor but certainly not a varicap (= variable capacitor).
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                R1 seems to be a thermistor but certainly not a varicap (= variable capacitor).
                Yes. sorry it was my mistake!!

Comment

Working...
                X