Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find Alpha Pot

Hi,

I need to replace a potentiometer from a Rocktron Short Timer Delay., but I can't find anything similar. Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Attached Files

What is the resistance/ taper?
    Is that knob removeable?

Comment

10Kb. No, the knob isn't removable.

Comment

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...r%252BfA%3D%3D
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

With all due respect, that pot has a 30mm "D" shaft and the terminal spacing is all wrong. That said, I understand (after some looking around myself) that a retrofit is the only possible solution for a repair. In my (limited) opinion a drop in replacement pot is unavailable.

I did see that Mouser has some pots with knurled shafts that could be cut down. Though the 8mm terminal spacing for the original seems odd. Standard and close is 7.4/5mm for 12mm pots. But I wasn't able to find one with a 10kB value, long knurled shaft and vertical mount pins.

This ones a corker to be sure. Definitely a retrofit and a fake it till you make it situation.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I tend not to worry about the shaft. A D shaft can be filled with a piece fo dowel or other debris. It is also possible parts from the old pot might be used to modify.

WOuldn't be the first time I snipped off or bent over the solder pins and stuck bits of wire on the legs to mate with hole on the pcb.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

IF at all possible, I´d try to match pinout first , simply to make life simpler, and second match body size, although "if it fits in available space it´s close enough"

Shaft dimensions would take a distant third place, although it does not hurt, of course.

I was amazed at NOT finding a close replacement at Mouser, since 12/13 mm body is one of available sizes (probably based around 1/2" body size)

Sadly for us, manufacturers have deep pockets and large orders to lure component suppliers so they can order anything they fancy which is NOT readily available over the counter.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                I tend not to worry about the shaft. A D shaft can be filled with a piece fo dowel or other debris. It is also possible parts from the old pot might be used to modify.
                There is often not much force required to turn the pot either. So it's fairly easy to fab something up. I'll even cut back the new, cut off a piece of the old shaft, and join them with a piece of heatshrink.

Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I found this one:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/p1...120PK-Y25BR10K

Comment

Working...
                  X