Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UL adopts IEC 62368-1 standard, replacing 60065 for electrical safety requirements in A/V equip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UL adopts IEC 62368-1 standard, replacing 60065 for electrical safety requirements in A/V equip

The insufferable pedant strikes again to remind all you compliance officers that the official date to change over from UL 60065 to IEC 62368-1 is December 20.2020.
    Are you all as exited as I am?

but in all seriousness, I was wondering if anyone has access to the IEC 62368-1_2nd or 3rd editions? and might be willing to share some excerpts which might be relevant to builders of audio/video equipment and can't earmark $400 in their budget for such things?
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

You mean, I have to comply with rules, but can't know the rules without paying $400? Typical.
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Originally posted by xtian View Post
      You mean, I have to comply with rules, but can't know the rules without paying $400? Typical.
      $400 minimum. If you want to know what they actually mean, that costs extra. Those packages start at $600 a person so you can start to implement them
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X