No announcement yet.

Who sells non-crappy multimeter probes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells non-crappy multimeter probes?

Anyone?

Depends on your idea of crappy. You can buy FLuke brand leads and they will be of good quality.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just bought two sets of each from Test Equipment Depot in Woburn MA:
      FLUKE TL175E TwistGuard set $28
      Pomona 5519A probe set $21

for both me and my Dad's Fluke 117s which come with totally crap leads (?) the Pomona's are backups and pretty good quality while the TwistGuards should have shipped with the meter originally.
      TED took a week or two to ship but the price was AOK

Comment

+1 on Pomona. Silicone leads are nice--won't melt.
        --
        I build and repair guitar amps
        http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

And the Pomona's are long.

Comment

I use both Fluke probes as well as Probe Master
            https://probemaster.com

Been quite happy with both.
            Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

These are always good ones IME.

nosaj
              Contains: 2 alligator clips, 2 spade lugs, 2 pin jacks (long), 2 pin jacks (short), 2 probe tips, 2 tip insulators and 2 universal test jacks. All have
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

I've used the same set of Fluke TL75 leads for many years until they finally broke up inside. I got them in '96 so they've lasted well and had a good deal of use as my main test lead set. I replaced them about 6 years ago, but the new ones are not the same feel - the leads are slightly less flexible. However, the probe tips seem to keep sharp, which is important to bite through any surface oxidation that can give a false reading. The leads are also pretty low resistance.

The downside of these leads is the bulk of the probe body. I like them for working on tube amps because they have the finger guard and feel safe. They're not a good choice for SMD work or tight spaces, so I have other probes for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Depends on your idea of crappy.
                  Fall apart. And quick.

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                    I just bought two sets of each from Test Equipment Depot in Woburn MA:
                    FLUKE TL175E TwistGuard set $28
                    Pomona 5519A probe set $21

for both me and my Dad's Fluke 117s which come with totally crap leads (?) the Pomona's are backups and pretty good quality while the TwistGuards should have shipped with the meter originally.
                    TED took a week or two to ship but the price was AOK
                    No shit? I didn't know they were in Woburn, that's just a short miserable drive up rt128 from here. I wonder if they'd let me check out their stock in person. (better chance after covid, I'd imagine)
                    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X