Behringer PPA2000 SMPS repair/schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PPA2000 SMPS repair/schematic

I'm about to tackle a Behringer PPA2000BT power supply repair. Of course I can't find a schematic. Leaving it all in tact I do believe its the switchers FGH40N60 that are bad or the 2 820 mf caps. Before I dive in does anyone have an opinion about this unit? The symtom is that the control panel simply flashes AND the on-off switch will not stop it. No voltage at any of the regulators of the collector of the audio amps. (IRFP4227). Thanks

I found the oscillator IC underneath but it's unreadable. The customer has used it 3-4 years so he's not in love anyway. Putting it back together awaiting word on a new board or schematic from Behringer.

BUT I learned for the 10th time to NOT try to lift SM diodes with only a solder iron. If I do get a schemo I'll have to repair print. Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeskory View Post
      BUT I learned for the 10th time to NOT try to lift SM diodes with only a solder iron. If I do get a schemo I'll have to repair print.
      Have you tried Chip Quik?

Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Do you know what the part number is for the SMPS, or maybe upload a picture of it? I might have one.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The Joker: Yes I have some Quick Chip...but I was in a hurry and thought I could just flip it up to test it. The first one went fine. The 2nd...not so much. I also broke the tiny tab off the 2nd diode.
          The Dude: You mean of the entire board? Yes I'll post it tomorrow. It includes the power amp also.

Comment

Oh, never mind then. The one I have is SMPS only.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

OK...I kept looking at the diodes. I think I have the right number now. ES10. Is there a common diode I could sub for this? Description is 2 Amp Superfast Rectifier

Comment

I replaced my broken diode, ordered/found the caps but still half power power. Ended up ordering a new board from Behringer which was cheap enough. Customer happy and paid.

Comment

One of the issues that I have occasionally run in to with surface mount parts is the pcb glue machine.
                  If it puts down too much it can be a real bear to break the glue loose before damage occurs to either the component and/ or the pcb.

Comment

Working...
                  X