Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neutrik Quick Fix nut UK source? (Soundcraft Spirit desk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The round type are the ones I'm familiar with as well. Those were the ones where I think there were a couple versions.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I reckon smooth round ones would be tricky to remove if they use the same fixing mechanism....
      An update - an enquiry to Soundcraft has resulted in a response from Harman directing me to a parts enquiry form for JBL. Ah, conglomerates....
      On returning to the Soundcraft page I note that Soundtech are their UK "distribution partners" who provide post sales support. I've dropped a line to them.

Comment

In an exciting development, an email to Neutrik UK (based on the Isle of Wight) resulted in a REALLY quick response. The initial reply suggested that there was no longer any demand for the vertical jack socket that these nuts fit, but also asked how many I needed, which sounded hopeful. I've now got a further reply asking for my contact details indicating that they're able to stick a couple in the post!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	58842213-F3F2-427A-B678-32C0E27AC45F.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	929968 Well, will you look at this?

Comment

What a good company and excellent result. It's increasingly difficult to find anyone these days who will give this level of service and an act of kindness like this makes you want to buy from them all day long.

Comment

Yes, you’re right, Mick, and that’s exactly how I would describe it - an act of kindness. Yes, it’s not going to harm the company to enhance this sort of reputation, but to be honest there wasn’t much to be gained in taking time to help out a hobbyist amateur restoring an obsolete piece of kit.
              I always liked Neutrik components - I’ve used them to replace countless 1/4” jacks on guitar leads, their XLRs are excellent and they make the only decent 3.5mm stereo replacement jack that can make a fist of repairing headphones! - and now I like them even more...
              Shout out to Charlie Cook, technical product manager, Neutrik UK.

Comment

Working...
              X