Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question about through hole inductors in audio path - what parameters to focus on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, to be truthful, I only used the term "broken" in post #12 in response to your inquiry asking if it was "broken" in post #11. I thought you meant broken as in non-functioning. I didn't realize you meant physically broken, or I would have said no. Sorry for being unclear. Before that I pretty much only referred to it as a failed component.

And yes, by end to end I meant end of the circuit/ whole unit.

Comment

No problem, I probably broke my own rule using the term. Hey, I'm old and get confused.

So great, the whole thing works except for the one part.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, is does seem to be working except for the one component (yay! Thanks for the jumper idea), for which I now need to find a replacement. I guess that's the reason why I started this thread. I want to replace that component, and want to be sure I purchase the properly rated one so it doesn't subsequently fail, and also choose whichever option would be best suited for audio signal path application. From the answers provided above, it seems the audio application aspect is not a concern. From what I gather, the only specs I need to be concerned with are that I match the mH value and make sure it has sufficient current rating.

Comment

DOn't forget dimensions. You are re-lacing a small thing the size of a resistor, right? Yours has wire ends fitting into holes on the circuit board? In which case you don't want a 2 inch long thing like on a crossover, nor do you want a tiny surface mount part.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X