SWR SM 900 Power Module or Modules needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWR SM 900 Power Module or Modules needed

I am searching for one or two SWR SM 900 power modules to purchase? The amp is pre-Fender takeover of SWR. Thank you.

I have a pair of power modules, SWR, I forget what model. They are not here in my office at the moment, they are in fact in my car, I was going to have a buddy sell them. . These are the ones with two boards, one on either side of the heat sink. There is a fan on the end blowing through the heat sink. The outputs are the big Sanken 2SC3264 type, four along one side, I forget the ones on other side. Three filter caps down in one corner on one side. I can't take a photo, can you post a photo of yours or of what you want?

They were removed from working equipment a few years back. I have no way to test them now, but were working last I saw.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hi Enzo Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Yes, I need those modules, how much are you asking? It would involve shipping to BC Canada which I would pay, the sm-900 is pre Fender and is in Sutherland Electronics in Nelson BC. My email is budgiedavidson@yahoo.ca. I will check on getting a photo. I expect the Fan issue and over-heating caused the failure. Thank you.

Comment

I'll go get them from the car in a moment. Just to be sure, I attach the schematic, please verify we are on the same page and we are talking the same modules. Note page 21 layout, the two boards go on either side of the heat sink, and the output transistors would solder in place along the center line of the drawing.

WorkingPro 400 & 700.pdf
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          I'll go get them from the car in a moment.
          Just how much stuff is in that car? Is it a Ford Tardis by any chance?

Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-moving-pictures.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	932322
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I have a friend that has a small pickup loaded with assorted tools and things. He likes to say, "If it's not in my truck, you don't need it".
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Actually those two modules are the only thing in my car relating at all to electronics or amplifiers

Comment

Thanks Enzo-I will send photo and Schematic to Jim Sutherland to confirm the fit-the schematic I have is SM 900 pre 1997
                  SM-900 (Pre 1997)(2).pdf
                  It will be greatly appreciated if this amp can be made whole again-and I will have to think about the Fan mod used by some members on this forum

Comment

If your modules are not for the SM 900 pre Fender it probably wont work-your schematic is for Working pro 400 or did you mean to link the SM 900 schematic? Thanks Enzo

Comment

Same power amp modules. Different preamps and stuff. I knew the layout pictures were in that file. Visually there is the group of three caps standing near one end, and the great big Sanken transistors. The later module had rows of TO247 types. Actually both work on the same chassis wiring.

Comment

If you have a photo of your modules to compare that would help-if they would work I'd have an amp back. Thanks Enzo

Comment

The older style

Comment

Is "older style" what you need? Those are not like mine.

Mine are like the ones in this thread photos:

https://music-electronics-forum.com/...-repair/46531-

Comment

Yes, my repair is like the one in the photo above-not sure where or if I can find them. I will check though, forwarding the photo, thanks for all your efforts-

Comment

Working...
                              X