Peavey 400 series amp board - Output xistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
    Peavey had more than a few 400 series amplifiers.
    Here are two that have the board layout.
    Maybe one is close to the one that you have.
    Thanx Jazz-P...but no attachment

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Amp Repair View Post

I see where the schemo indicates those drivers have 0.1V across their ballast resistors. That's about what they're measuring. Guess I don't see where those drivers would be running class A, but I'm not a designer and am open to any suggestions or ideas.
      What I meant is that these drivers add a little class A power during crossover. At large signal they run in class AB.
      But the outputs run in pure class B.

Not sure which of the schematics applies.

0.1V across 1R means 0.1A. With a supply voltage of 40V (?) that results in a dissipation of 4W at idle, while the outputs are essentially off (no dissipation).
      The B-E voltages of the outputs should be identical to the drop across the 1R resistors.
      Last edited by Helmholtz; 05-19-2021, 08:51 PM.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thanx Jazz-P...but no attachment
        You won't see attachments if you are set to 'latest activity' mode in your user settings. You need to change to 'posts' mode. Under the 'account' tab in your user settings, scroll down to 'conversation details'.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I see where the schemo indicates those drivers have 0.1V across their ballast resistors.
          I'm not saying that number is wrong, but I don't see it shown on the schematic anywhere?

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I see a .1v next to the emitter of the transistor, and I see a 0v at the output bus. Those points are also the ends of the 1 ohm resistor.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              I see a .1v next to the emitter of the transistor, and I see a 0v at the output bus. Those points are also the ends of the 1 ohm resistor.
              I'm referring to the schematic Glen posted (post #4) and feeling somewhat the blind idiot right now.

Comment

When I saw it was a 400 module, I opened a copy of my own so I could open it in a different reader.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  Peavey had more than a few 400 series amplifiers.
                  Here are two that have the board layout.
                  Maybe one is close to the one that you have.
                  Thanx, Jazz-P. I think one of those power amp schemos matches what I have better. I'll puruse them & see what I can come up with...glen

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                    When I saw it was a 400 module, I opened a copy of my own so I could open it in a different reader.
                    Could you post that one? I don't think I have it.

Comment

OK, see if this works

PV 400 module version A and B.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X