Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To add an Audio Input [Mono/Aux] to an Organ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To add an Audio Input [Mono/Aux] to an Organ?

Hello ... Wasn't sure which specific forum area to put this question in given most are about guitars or amps, so hopefully a moderator moves it if necessary.

I have a 1998 Technics SX-EA1 organ which is great however they didn't include an Audio In port, just out only [1/4"]. A shame considering it has a decent sound system at 40w or at least it sounds decent to me.
    Would be awesome to add an Aux input port to leverage its sound system especially to blend sounds via MIDI sounds from my computer.

Also, I've looked high and low for the schematics on this model - haven't found them yet.

Is this possible within reasonable costs? I see folks doing a 'similar' hack to car stereos but this is not a car stereo.

Thoughts... Please and thank you!

O

It's going to be difficult to offer any guidance without a schematic and the only one I could find will cost you 5 bucks.

https://www.manualscenter.com/manual...l#.YLqt9PlKjcs
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The simplest 'hack' is to wire a jack to the volume control.
      If the SX-EA1 is stereo you can use the L & R control pots.
      If not, then if you are going to use a stereo input , use the proper jack .
      A resistor between tip & ring will knock it down to mono.
      Attached Files

Comment

vintagekiki - That's awesome and thank you! I've searched all over the place, not sure why that link never came up.
        I'm going to share that one on the Organ Forum given that is my post.

Jazz P Bass - The SX-EA1 has stereo and allows separate volume control for upper / lower manuals.
        I had a Lowrey with Stereo IN [x2] so I have a cable with 3.5mm female adapter to x2 1/4" jacks. It was perfect for running sound from the laptop be it music or whatever the virtual instrument was doing.
        So as per your description use something like the below link [?] - 2 of them for Stereo [?] and the rest is drilling holes/running wire [any particular type of wire?] and making sure of the correct connections [soldering?].
        And thanks to VintageKiki, I now have the schematics.
        Need something this for the jacks?
        https://www.amazon.ca/Ancable-5-Pack...922779&sr=8-28

Silly question, but you wouldn't go into the Amp - providing it has the ports?

O
        Last edited by Ohman; 06-05-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X