Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Fireball 25W (e633) Transformer Secondary Wiring

Hey Y'all;

Trying to switch out a 230V PT for a USA voltage one in a 25W fireball (e633) but hit a snag; There is no information about what the old transformer's secondaries put out! On top of that I do not have a step up transformer, so I cannot measure the voltages out of the old one for comparison. Google turns up nothing.

The new transformer was sent directly from an ESP/LTD rep in California and fits perfectly so I have no reason to assume it is incorrect.

AVAILABLE TAPS AS LABELED ON THE NEW TRANSFORMER:

"SEC:"
    (9/10) 10,8V <---- ????
    (11-12) 265V <---- This is obviously the B+, the schematic shows one of the hookups leading to the 400V filter caps so that has to be it right?
    (13-14) 7,1V <----- This would be fairly close to a normal AC heater voltage. The schematic looks like it shows v4-v6 as AC heaters, but v1-v3 are seperated by a bridge rectifier and presumably run of DC, which i'm guessing would account for the higher than usual value off the transformer?
    (15-16) 28V <---- I am guessing that this is our bias tap since the schematic shows a +24V supply out off the same secondary line that includes a bias adjustment pot.

I'm in touch with an ENGL rep who is very helpful but on german time, also I am doing my best to turn this around for a customers gig, so any insight y'all can help with would be great! I'll attach the page of the schematics that contains the Secondary wiring hookups (FS6,FS7, / FS9,FS10, / FS11, FS12)
    Attached Files

you could feed the old one with 120 and just scale the results.
    Standard fireball has a 24v dc supply for switching system,the bias has another winding in series with this

Comment

Originally posted by alexradium View Post
      you could feed the old one with 120 and just scale the results.
      Standard fireball has a 24v dc supply for switching system,the bias has another winding in series with this
      This is the simple and succinct answer I was hoping for!

After a big "DUH" on my end, measured AC out of the original taps to find 3.7AC and 14.5AC at 120V, meaning that the new values would be 7.4AC and 29VAC respectivly, perfectly matching our secondary needs (+/- 6%VAC wall supply). I think we can safely say that this has been "sussed out". THanks so much Alex!

Comment

Working...
      X