Vox Night Train NT15 but digital reverb model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Night Train NT15 but digital reverb model

Hello folks, this is the version of the NT15 that has digital reverb as well as weird 10pin relays that do a lot of the switching. I need to find a source for one of these relays. It's a Bestar BP-12 10pin variety. W/O the schemo or removing the board I really don't know what all the 10 pins do. About all I could find is a description of the relay from a Chinese site of: BESTAR relay BP-12 12VDC 10 pin double Open double closed DC12V. It seems there would be 2pins for 12V coil and that leaves 8 for the switching. If it were a standard relay there would be the 6 pins for the switching. I may pull the board out but even it might be difficult to ferret out as the pcb is pretty jam packed & double sided, too. Could one set of pwr leads latch it & then the other unlatch it? Seems like a crazy arrangement but would explain a total of 10pins.
    Anyway if anyone has any ideas, that would sure be helpful. BTW, when I press on the relay, it will then function properly. Thanx, glen
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Mars Amp Repair View Post
    when I press on the relay, it will then function properly. Thanx, glen
    Bad solder joint?
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thanx, I found a thread about this amp in the forum. Hadn't seen it before. It has the schematic for this version (NT-15 G2) and even a generic part number for the relay. Appears it's a standard non-latching DPDT relay that only uses 8 of the pins. It is a miniature low profile type that is discontinued on Mouser (817-A-12W-K ). Haven't found a replacement yet, but there is enough room to 'dead bug' a larger sized relay on the pcb, so all is not lost. I'll keep looking & post what I find.
      Thanx for the reply. I'll also check for bad connections once I remove the board.

Comment

, I found a thread about this amp in the forum
        Which IS?????????
        Please post the link here.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

If you query NT-15 G2 in this forum, it comes up on one of the posts. Not sure how to post a link for this forum.

Comment

Schematic attached:
            Attached Files
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I searched the Forum & came up with squat.
              Nada!

Thanks G1.

Comment

thanx all! Glen

Comment

Working...
                X