Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland G wont power up.

Hi

This Roland G is completely dead. I checked the 9V DC adapter and it is OK. Upon checking the power supply board, there is a 5V normal regulator and a smd 3.3V regulator. Both are OK. I have checked the smd resistors,, diodes and transisitors, and they test OK. I have also checked the + and - voltages on all the 8pin smd ICs and the voltages are there.There is also a 8 pin IC - NJM2360A, a DC-DC controller IC. I do not know whether this IC is OK or not. I do not know how to test it and what is the function of this IC. Please assist.

Rgds

Carlos

Without a schematic it's hard to say as the chip can be used in different ways, but in general, I'd expect to see a switching waveform on one of pin 1 or 2.

A search for "Roland G" comes up with nothing. Are we missing some numbers?
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

HI

Attached is the schematic. The power supply is on page 33.

Tks

Carlos
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Attached is the schematic. The power supply is on page 33.

Tks

Carlos 512718457-Juno-G-j-Service-Notes.pdf

Comment

It's wired as an inverting boost converter. I'd expect about -9.7V on C55 based on the expected drop across Q12 of 0.7V. You can also check C52 for -9V.

With nothing on the display, you should check power and connections to the display. Also check the processor for power, clocks and reset.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Working...
          X