Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You've got a $1k budget to build a Tele. How are you spending the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I wasn’t necessarily looking for the figured maple. But, it had a lot of the specs I was looking for and already built.
    last year I had Musikraft build me a custom Strat neck to the letter of what I wanted. Came out great but it took 6 months to get. This wasn’t gonna be a build from the ground up. So it was a cool experience to search out available parts and go from there.
    this neck is at my buddy’s. He’s doing the lacquer and waterslide decals. Should be ready for final assembly and setup this weekend. Can’t wait!
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

When do we get to see the assembled/finished guitar?
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
        When do we get to see the assembled/finished guitar?
        I thought you'd never ask...

I'm probably going back to the shop tonight to drop off some supplies. I'll take a few pics and upload them posthaste!
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Alas

Click image for larger version

Name:	4F551DEF-ACC6-4BE6-BCA0-4EB3E6CC3A18.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	968488

Click image for larger version

Name:	7022BAFF-0DBC-4A59-8803-C64BA9F1D032.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	968487

Comment

Whadya think?

Comment

LOVE IT! Thanks for the pics! (and that's from a guy who's not even a big Tele fan).

Comment

It's maybe not such a big deal to some, but I think the binding makes that body.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                  It's maybe not such a big deal to some, but I think the binding makes that body.
                  totally. It’s the main reason I bought it. The black on black wouldn’t work without it i don’t think.

Comment

I love a good partscaster, and that one's pretty. Even when on a tight budget, you can create a guitar that's built the way you want it, and you can always change things, or upgrade at will. The first guitar I ever assembled was a black tele, and the satisfaction, and thrill of playing it were a huge reward. I read through most of the posts, but didn't notice, how much does it weigh?

Comment

Working...
                    X