Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate KBA60 global low gain & schematic request

Hello folks,
    Does anyone have a schemo for the Crate KBA60 Keyboard amp? I can't seem to find one anywhere. Interestingly there is a Peavey Keyboard amp with same model number but not the same.
    This amp just seems to have low gain in general even when inputting a line level signal in the Line In jack. The signal is clean up to full volume, but just not at the level I would expect. It appears there is only one op-amp between the line in jack & the power stage but that stage does seem to be amplifying some but who knows how much gain (if any as might be a buffer) it is supposed to be adding to the signal.
    I see one of those opto-isolators on the board and have experienced them causing issues in some Mesas, but have no idea what function is serves in this amp. Possibly works with footswitch.
    I have tried to ferret my way thru it on the board but really don't have the time to do that if I can find a schemo.
    I would be more active in answering other posts that send me a message but cannot get the forum set-up to send me notifications for some reason. Guess I just need to pop in from time to time and address those.
    Thanx all. Glen

I found the Preamp portion of the schematic on the EL34 web site.

Crate KBA60 Preamp - KBA60_Preamp_Schematic_PartsList.pdf
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by TomCarlos View Post
      I found the Preamp portion of the schematic on the EL34 web site.

Crate KBA60 Preamp - [ATTACH]n961419[/ATTACH]
      Thanx Tom...will help a lot as I don't think issue is with power stage & if so that will be easier to ferret out on the board now that I have preamp section....glen

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Amp Repair View Post
        I would be more active in answering other posts that send me a message but cannot get the forum set-up to send me notifications for some reason. Guess I just need to pop in from time to time and address those.
        Mars Amp Repair

Have you checked your settings lately? Sometimes things get changed when there are updates, etc. In your 'user settings', click on the 'notifications' tab and have a look through.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
        X