Slide pot footprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide pot footprint

Does anyone know a brand that makes faders with this kind of footprint? It's from a JBL mixer, the fader is made in Japan with 'M' logo on it.
    I don't see any common parts from mouser etc. with a footprint like this, though I think they used to be fairly common.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ux_a19052300ux1030_ux_d01.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	961900
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Panasonic. Getting hard to find

Panasonic EWA Series Sliders.pdf

Comment

They were common, though I don't recall where I got mine. Likely I got them from some OEM i was warranty for, but used them generically.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

On the JBL stuff, I usually find a part number and order the OEM from Full Compass. Do you have a part number, service manual, or even a model number of the mixer?
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I used to know this stuff. Aren't the Roland slide pots that shape?
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
            On the JBL stuff, I usually find a part number and order the OEM from Full Compass. Do you have a part number, service manual, or even a model number of the mixer?
            It's a musicmix10. I couldn't find them on full compass. Part numbers 659 00007 00 and 659 00009 00.
            I don't think it's worth repairing anyway. I think the rotary pots are sealed so can't be cleaned and pretty much all controls scratchy or worn out. Equivalent in Behringer is around $250US.
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hey g1, don't LOOK for it at Full Compass, call and ASK them if they can get it.

Comment

Have you tried this (see first video on page)?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Audiomemes/...d_paint_brush/

Comment

It says something about cannot reach the servers.

Comment

Hmmm,...... It works for me, although the page loads very slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      Have you tried this (see first video on page)?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Audiomemes/...d_paint_brush/

Nah, I got a pressure washer and an air compressor.

Comment

I worked on a few Vocopro units that had bad sliders. Even though I was able to find the datasheet, no one seemed to carry them. Had to go directly to Vocopro for spare parts.

Comment

They were used in Mackie and Yorkville mixers.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeek View Post
                            They were used in Mackie and Yorkville mixers.
                            I probably changed hundreds, perhaps thousands in those Yorkville SP and similar series mixers. I did not recall them being Matsushita, though maybe Noble had the same footprint?

Comment

The SP series faders were similar to (or exactly?) like these Bourns PTA sliders.pdf

The AP812 used the Panasonic faders. I had one with bad master faders a few years ago. They were 50K but all I had was 10k. Unfortunately the faders are in the feedback loop of an op-amp so the 10K faders would give 5X less gain at full.
                              No room to shoehorn in a different type, I just cleaned the originals as best as I could. If the track is worn you can bend the wiper sideways a little. If the track is open at one end maybe conductive paint might work.

Comment

Working...
                              X