Colorsound Wah plasitc lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorsound Wah plasitc lever

I need to make one of these, it's missing in this wah I'm restoring. I found a photo but it's at an angle. I can work with it if I have to but it would be better to have a square-on photo or even better, a scan.
    Does anyone have one?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Colorsound Wah Lever.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	972073

Couldn't find a better photo. But just thinking about it I might make this part out of aluminum because it would be easier to drill, file and tap (for that screw, depth set?) than plastic.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

If you do decide upon plastic, I'd use Delrin

Comment

Have you tried to get one from Macari's ? It seems they are still making them. https://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound...h-and-wah-fuzz

This thread from diystomp has some info, if nothing else some measurements. Some of the posters may still be available and could have more pics:
        https://www.diystompboxes.com/smffor...?topic=99248.0
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

One of the stores I work for has a Colorsound pedal in stock. I can borrow it and copy the lever. I'll post results in a few days.
          I considered using aluminum but it might be noisey (clicking) and wear out from rubbing on the steel pin. I have a piece of 1/4" Teflon, I'll try that

Comment

For anyone who wants to make one of these, here are the dimensions:

Name:	Colorsound Plastic Lever.png
Views:	143
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	972407

Comment

I had to update the dimensions. The hole is actually 1/4" when not compressed by the screw and the slot is a bit narrower. Also I made a better scan.

Name:	Colorsound Pedal Plastic Lever.png
Views:	134
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	972646

Comment

Working...
              X