Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 112 Plus speaker selection

Hello Folks,
    does anyone have a good suggestion for speaker for this amp. The original is an Eminence 12" 4ohm. I can't seem to find an eminence speaker that matches the spec. The 4ohm rating really limits what's available. Perhaps someone has found another speaker that works well in this application, possibly the Jensen CK12.
    This is the one area I'm the weakest in as I'm a bass player & haven't gone thru the speaker comparison process that so many guitarists do.
    thanx all....glen

Looking at the specs the amp is rated at 90 watts. Honestly I put 8 ohm speakers with the right wattage and it sounds nearly as good as the 4 ohm. I know that amp very well as I did a mod on one for a friend. The eminence speakers seem suitable for these amps. I like the Texas heat speaker.

When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
      Looking at the specs the amp is rated at 90 watts. Honestly I put 8 ohm speakers with the right wattage and it sounds nearly as good as the 4 ohm. I know that amp very well as I did a mod on one for a friend. The eminence speakers seem suitable for these amps. I like the Texas heat speaker.
      Thanx, DocGonz78.
      I get 100Watts @ 4ohms & 80watts at 8ohms. I agree that in a 1x12 combo like this 80watts would certainly be plenty sound-wise. Also I tend to agree as an SS power amp tends to have a fairly wide range of acceptable impedances without causing any damage or radical inefficiency as a tube/transformer driven arrangement does.
      Anyone else like to chime in?
      Thanx all....glen

Comment

HAH, I just realized that the Texas Heat does come in a 4ohm version. Old brain forgets overnight (;- ).
        Thanx again....glen

Comment

If someone really wants the extra loudness, using 8 ohm speaker frees you up to add another 8 ohm extension cab.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

My experience is that, though power output changes, SPL is not radically changed in this situation (4-8 ohms). IMO, speaker efficiency is more likely to make a change in SPL than a small change in power output.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanx all....Very helpful. g

Comment

I installed a Cannabis Rex in one of these.
                8 ohm.
                Sounded wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                X