Marshall DSL40CR No sound Issues after replacing shorted power tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall DSL40CR No sound Issues after replacing shorted power tubes

OK, this may seem a bit silly, but here goes.
    Pretty standard repair of shorted power tubes on this DSL40CR. Replace mains fuse & power tubes. Testing to set the idle wattage, there is no current draw from the cathodes. The tube has plate & screen voltage, but it is low (abt 250V). It still seems as tho there should be some sound from these tubes. If you blast the signal into the return loop (or the main input) you will get sound, but obviously something is wrong.
    Turns out if you don't have the schemo and have the amp sitting vertically with the power xformer on the bottom, the view of the B+ fuse FS-1 630ma is obscured, HOWEVER I did not expect that there would be ANY voltage on the plates/screens if there were a B+ fuse blown.
    Anyway, just thought I'd throw this in, perhaps I should have thrown it out . glen

The schem. in manual you posted shows FS1 as bias fuse, and FS2 and 3 as B+ fuses. It looks like standby selects between hi or lo power modes and you would still have voltage at one mode if fuse blew for the other?
    https://music-electronics-forum.com/...etch?id=984264
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
    X