EMG active pickups - no sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG active pickups - no sound?

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I signed up specifically to ask for help with my pickup installation. I have an Epiphone LP, and recently I purchased a whole bunch of solderless EMG active electronics. I haven't been able to find the right information anywhere online, and my trial and error hasn't produced anything either, so that's why I need help.

Onboard, I am running two EMG concentric (stacked) knobs for volume and tone, a kill switch (EMG), and a phase inverter (EMG pi2), along with EMG's active "Het Set." I am using EMG's toggle switch and output jack, as well.

The problem I'm having is I have no sound at all coming from the amplifier. I have followed the instructions to a T, but the problem is that there are no instructions out there for my particular setup. The instructions that come with the components are for the particular component only, and EMG's website isn't helpful either. Setting aside my aspirations, I'd be happy if even one of those produced sound right now.

For troubleshooting, I have tried simply running one concentric pot connected to one pickup and even that didn't work. I plugged my other guitar in, and it works great. I have replaced multiple batteries with new ones, and that doesn't work either. So obviously, I am missing something in terms of wiring.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot, and if you happen to be a whiz with EMG active solderless electronics, can you help me get my entire setup up and running?

Thank you so much!​

Since it's a bunch of various items, you would be best to contact the manufacturer. Or post a complete schematic here and maybe someone could help.

Comment

With no sound?
      First thing I would check is the jack wiring for active pickups.
      See screenshot.
      The battery is not active until the guitar plug is inserted.
      That connects the ring to the sleeve ground, which completes the circuit.
      GL,
      T

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2023-09-18 13-19-21.png
Views:	100
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	986178
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Schematic and a picture would help so we can see what you're dealing with. Someone here may spot something from a picture.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
        X